Tuesday, November 3

Chapter 13: Is this really a school field trip?

Our second school-sponsored trip was called "Under the Tuscan Sun", and we went to four towns around the region of Tuscany to sample their best cheese and wine! Am I honestly getting school credit for this?

We went to Arrezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano, and Pienza in just two days- touring a cheese factory and two wine cellars, including what I'm pretty sure are the world's largest wine barrels. Everything was beautiful, delicious, or both!


At night, we got to eat the most decadent meal I've ever had. Traditional Italian meals consist of about five courses, but being a broke college student, I can only ever afford one. Having our school show us the real way to enjoy Italian cuisine was amazing, especially the famous "bistecca fiorentina", or steak Florentine. When we woke up in Cortona in the morning, we were so high up on a mountain that clouds had actually gathered below us! The picture below is actually looking DOWN at clouds from my hotel! If this didn't prove that I must be living in a dream, I don't know what will.
(Except maybe what I found on the cheese farm...)

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Little Sel. Wow, you have your work cut out. You've got about three weeks to cover to catch up! I try to pace myself, but read all of them as soon as you post. ....Gotta get back to work!

    ReplyDelete